Atheism is on the rise, especially among young people and notably on the Internet. Bishop Robert Barron and Brandon Vogt discuss the most popular atheist arguments and how to respond. They also talk about Bishop Barron’s new study program, The Mystery of God, and take a question from a new father wondering how to properly describe God to his young child.
- 0:46 – What is the “New Atheism” and how does it differ from past versions?
- 2:20 – Atheist Argument #1 – “What evidence is there for God?”
- 5:37 – Atheist Argument #2 – “What caused God?”
- 7:41 – Atheist Argument #3 – “Hasn’t science has disproved God?”
- 9:13 – How science depends on philosophy
- 12:11 – Are scientific rejections of God based on wrong ideas of God?
- 14:29 – What is the “problem of evil” and how would you respond?
- 20:12 – Bishop Barron’s new study program The Mystery of God
- 22:30 – Question from caller: “How can I describe God to my young child?”
- 26:37 – Bishop Barron’s recommended books on atheism and God
The Mystery of God – Video Trailer
- Study Program
- The Mystery of God: Who God Is and Why He Matters (Bishop Barron)
- Does Religion Really Have a “Smart-People Problem”? (Bishop Barron)
- The Myth of the War Between Science and Religion (Bishop Barron)
- What Faith Is and Isn’t (Bishop Barron)
- Why Are So Many Atheists on the CNN Belief Blog? (Bishop Barron)
- Why I Loved to Listen to Christopher Hitchens (Bishop Barron)
- Summa Theologiae on The Existence of God by St. Thomas Aquinas
- Thomas Aquinas: Spiritual Master by Bishop Robert Barron
- Answering Atheism: How to Make the Case for God with Logic and Charity by Trent Horn
- The Experience of God: Being, Consciousness, Bliss by David Bentley Hart
- The Drama of Atheist Humanism by Henri de Lubac