At the recent USCCB meeting, Bishop Barron gave a presentation to all the American bishops in which he offered five ways to draw young people back to God. Today, we discuss each way.
A listener asks which books Bishop Barron would recommend to counter his biology teacher who tells him to read Bertrand Russell and Christopher Hitchens.
Links + Book Recommendations
- Bishop Barron’s USCCB presentation on “Reaching Out to the Religiously Unaffiliated” (YouTube)
- William Lane Craig vs. Christopher Hitchens debate (YouTube)
- “20 Arguments for God’s Existence” by Peter Kreeft
- The Last Superstition: A Refutation of the New Atheism by Edward Feser
- Aquinas: A Beginner’s Guide by Edward Feser
- On Guard: Defending Your Faith with Reason and Precision by William Lane Craig
- Answering Atheism: How to Make the Case for God with Logic and Charity by Trent Horn
NOTE: Do you like this podcast? Become a patron and get some great perks for helping, like free books, bonus content, and more. Word on Fire is a non-profit ministry that depends on the support of our listeners…like you! So be part of this mission, and join us today!