Bishop Barron recounts his time at the annual Los Angeles Religious Education Congress held from February 25-28, 2016. He shares about his talk on 1 and 2 Samuel, having breakfast with philosopher-priest Fr. Robert Spitzer, and the best approaches to evangelization. A listener asks about the nature of sin and whether it’s a privation of the good or something real and substantial.
- 0:17 –What is the L.A. Congress?
- 3:00 – What’s it like meeting people who have been helped by Word on Fire?
- 4:52 – Bishop Barron’s talk at the L.A. Congres on 1/2 Samuel
- 8:18 – Spotlight and reading the sexual abuse crisis through a Biblical lens
- 11:33 – Having breakfast with Fr. Robert Spitzer, SJ
- 15:40 – The Augustinian appeal to “happiness” in evangelization
- 22:08 – Which evangelization approaches work best?
- 24:02 – Question from listener: What is the nature of sin?
- Biblical Wisdom for Troubled Times (Bishop Robert Barron)
- 2 Samuel by Bishop Robert Barron
- Finding True Happiness: Satisfying Our Restless Hearts by Fr. Robert Spitzer
- The Soul’s Upward Yearning: Clues to Our Transcendent Nature from Experience and Reason by Fr. Robert Spitzer