Have you ever wondered why there is a Christmas season? Like no other holiday, Christmas carries with it an intense period of anticipation, in which our hearts are readied with hope and love. Christians call this waiting time “Advent”, and Bishop Barron explains precisely what this season is all about in today’s episode of the Word on Fire Show. A listener asks how much is enough when it comes to petitionary prayer.
- 0:05 – Introduction – The USCCB meeting
- 2:00 – Why is there a Christmas Season?
- 4:20 – Why should a secular person care about the birth of Jesus?
- 6:45 – Why must we understand Israel if we want to understand Christmas?
- 10:50 – Why is Mary so pivotal during Advent? What about the rest of the characters in this story?
- 18:30 – Will Christmas ever become more Christian than it is today in our secular world?
- 26:30 – What are Bishop Barron’s favorite things about Christmas?
- 28:15 – Listener Question: How much is enough when it comes to petitionary prayer.