We are taking the next few episodes of the show to discuss each of the great men and women featured in Word on Fire’s epic new film series, CATHOLICISM: The Pivotal Players. Today we’re focusing on the Catholic convert, Bl. John Henry Newman. One of the most influential figures in theology and modern evangelization, Newman lived in unwavering pursuit of The Truth while defending the objectivity of truth to an increasingly secular, relativist culture. Our listener question asks Bishop Barron about the Catholic perspective on Luther’s doctrine of “Sola Scriptura”.
*In this episode we include a limited time Word on Fire Show discount on CATHOLICISM: The Pivotal Players with Coupon Code: TRACT90
Visit PivotalPlayers.com to purchase and act now because this offer expires soon!
- 1:00 – Bishop Barron discusses the West Coast Pivotal Players Premier Party
- 2:10 – Who was Bl. John Henry Newman?
- 9:24 – How is the Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine anti-Protestant?
- 15:55 – What was the spark and process of Newman’s conversion?
- 19:22 – How did Neman’s Idea of a University evangelize the culture?
- 21:27 – How does The Grammar of Assent argue for faith in our skeptical culture?
- 26:12 -Why is Bl. John Henry Newman a pivotal player?
- 27:00 – Listener Question: What is the Catholic perspective on “Sola Scriptura”?
- Calendar and Prayer Cards
- Study Guides
- CATHOLICISM: The Pivotal Players (Bishop Barron)
- Faith Perfected by Love (Bishop Barron)